Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Countdown to my return to Paris


I will be going back in a few days and though I don't bring many clothes (I leave a lot there) I still bring too much luggage.

This time I am bringing back food. Starting with donut mix and the pans to make them in. I hate to compete with the French on making their delicious cuisine so often I prepare something American. What could be more American than donuts and if you top them with ice cream and chocolate or butterscotch sauce they are soooooo delicious. Yum!!!!

I also have in my suitcase several shakers of Lawry's garlic salt. I cannot seem to cook anything without it and a few of my French friends are waiting for it too. There's cornbread, an oven thermometer to convert celsius to fahrenheit and sugar free maple syrup for my delicious low cal oat bran pancakes.

Oat Bran Low Cal Pancakes

1 egg white
1 1/2 TBS oat bran
1 1/2 TBS zero fat yogurt
Beat egg white until frothy
Add in oat bran and yogurt
Spray frying pan with butter flavored spray
Spoon in 6 small pancakes
Cover with sugar free syrup and Enjoy

I'm not done yet but I still have a few days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment