Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Few of my Favorite Things


Oh how I love this necklace from Betsy Simpson.  It is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry and I usually wear it with something black.


Agraria Potpourri,  I loved it in the '80's and I love it just as much today. I didn't realize that it was still available so was delighted to find it at Saks.  My favorite is the Bitter Orange. Be sure and buy the refresher oil. The easiest way to use it is to put the potpourri into a large plastic bag, add a few drops of refresher oil and shake.  It doesn't take much oil to refresh this gorgeous potpourri.  I keep my potpourri in the box it comes in so that I can cover it when I leave Dallas to go to my home in France.  When I come back to Dallas I uncover it and my entire home smells fabulous.


Designer Diet coke, this can designed by Jean Paul Gauthier. This is the boys version, the girls version is covered with a black lace design.  What a great idea.


Lobster rolls, my favorite thing to eat.  Well, one of my favorite things to eat.  Too many to mention here. My favorite place for lobster rolls is TJ's Fish Market in Dallas.


Let's not forget my passion for shoes.  I have just bought this pair of Taryn Rose shoes from Neiman Marcus and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.  I am going to love traveling in them. 


The Blue Bar at the Berkeley Hotel London.  If you want to find me around 7PM any night that I am in London, it would be a good guess to look for me here.  My favorite drink and the one I would highly recommend, is the Lychee Martini.  Try it, you will like it.


And to conclude, I must not leave without saying goodbye to the  Hemingway Bar at the Ritz Hotel Paris. This was a wonderful way to end your shopping day when you were too tired to take another step. The bar closed last April for a two year renovation, how will I survive????


Tea at the Ritz

“There were masked balls at the Opera, races at Longchamp and Auteuil, and tea at the Ritz…” declared the Baronne de Stoeckl in her memoirs set during Paris’ Belle Epoque.

It was not until César Ritz introduced tea service at the Ritz Paris that the custom of drinking tea was adopted by Parisian high society.

It is still the highlight of my day every opportunity I get. 



No doubt there will be more of my favorite things in future blogs so stay tuned.

Until then......  À la prochaine fois

No comments:

Post a Comment