Saturday, November 17, 2012

My Favorite Traveling Things


                           

A pleasant scene in Bordeilles, France, very close to where I have a home.  My three month visit to the States is coming to an end soon so I am thinking about going back to France.  It prompted me to write this blog about how I make the travel time as comfortable as possible.


What a beautiful day today is. This is the kind of day we love to travel.

Living in two countries I have learned how to make the trip as pleasant as possible.  The airport is always daunting but if you prepare for it, I think you can minimize the stress.
As we get to the airport to leave for our business or vacation trip, our excitement level is triggered and we just want to get through the check-in process as quickly as possible.

For me, it is wearing a shoe that I can slip on an off easily.  I see women wearing boots or shoes with zippers or laces and see them struggling to take them off and put them on.  I want to tell them about these gorgeous, comfortable, easy on and off Taryn Rose shoes. Just slip your foot out or in and off you go.
They are available at Neiman Marcus



The next daunting thing, for me, is my carry on luggage.  It needs to be lightweight and have a compartment where I keep my computer so I can take it out and put it back easily. I always pack my own travel blanket and head phones, I'm crazy that way.   I love Tumi luggage, it is functional and lasts a very long time.  This lightweight bag, which they call Super Leger International, is perfect.  If you have to put it in an overhead bin, you can lift it.


                                                                Tumi carry on bag


                                                     

A few things I pack in my carry on include this adorable Kate Spade make up bag.  I always put in a lip gloss, some kleenex,a contact lens case, toothbrush and small toothpaste, hair brush and rub on solid cologne. I love the Bulgari scent and it comes with a refill so it is really not more expensive than other name brands.  Don't forget a little snack. All these things pass inspection and go through with no problem.

                     kate spade cosmetic bag
                                         


                                                          Bulgari solid perfume

                                        

Longchamp Le Pilage Shoulder Tote is another must have item for traveling.  It can be folded into a small pouch and then when you fill it holds quite a bit.  It comes in many colors. It is available at Neiman Marcus.

                                      


Last, but certainly not least, what is the ideal thing to wear?

I can only speak for myself but I love something that is comfortable, doesn't wrinkle and looks beautiful.  This lovely cashmere outfit from Neiman Marcus is perfect for winter travel.  You can take the jacket off if you are too warm and put it on if you are cold. Just throw a shawl over it while you wait for your taxi and you should be warm enough.

I guess I am a bit old fashioned but I think you should look nice when you arrive in Paris, or anywhere.
   
                                       


If you don't object to wearing a document carrier around your neck, just for the check in process, you wont have to hunt for your travel documents in your handbag.  They aren't very pretty but they are so practical and you can remove it as soon as you board the plane. If you don't like that idea, do put your passport and tickets in a pocket or plastic bag in your purse so you can get to them easily.

I have a friend who travels with her gorgeous Hermes bag and when I saw her open it, I was shocked.  She had so many plastic bags inside, each holding something she would need to find. She said this way she could avoid the digging we all do in a large purse.
Brilliant!!!!! 

I hope these hints and a positive attitude will help and you will enjoy your travels more. It's the little things that make all the difference.

Bon Voyage






No comments:

Post a Comment