Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thanksgiving is coming to Malibu


Home with a view


I cannot imagine a more beautiful setting for our Thanksgiving dinner than the one we are going to have this year,  overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Malibu.  It will be quite different than going to  grandmother's house in the country for the traditional meal.

This is the first time the family is convening at the home of one of my sons and his family in this gorgeous place.  Their home overlooks the beach and all 24 of us will be enjoying our meal outside on the patio.

My daughter-in-law has honored me by asking me to decorate the tables so I have been busy planning and  shopping here in Dallas for things to ship out ahead of my arrival.  My idea is to do it primarily in white with just some gorgeous antique floral dinner plates.  The napkins, my specialty, will probably be tied with ribbon and an object, a flower, a cork or a leaf under the bow.


One of my favorite books  is Barbara Barry's Around Beauty.  It has masterful photographs and her chapter on Malibu is sensational. She talks about her home on Broadbeach, Malibu where I also had a home for many years while my children were growing up. It was a very sentimental journey for me.



Thank you for staying tuned, there will be lots more.  Thanksgiving is just around the corner....









No comments:

Post a Comment