Monday, December 10, 2012

Holiday Thoughts

'Tis the Season so I am leaving in the morning to go to Paris to see the Christmas lights on the Champs Elysée and the vitrines of the beautiful shops.  My little doggie Skye and I will board the TGV bullet train and be there in two hours. Ah yes, one of the benefits of living part time in country France is being able to go to Paris whenever I get the urge.

Tonight I will list all the places I want to see and bring them back to you later in the week.  Until then I shall sit by the fire and have a glass of my new favorite and beautiful Christmas drink.

It is really quite simple, freeze a couple of shot glasses and when they are good and frosty fill them with pomegranate seeds, I mean really fill them not just a few seeds.  Add your favorite spirit, tequila, vodka, champagne or whatever you like and have a few sips.  You will feel warm all over.


Another drink idea......
A tribute to my German friends who introduced me to this years ago.  It is called Vodka Feige.
Into a very chilled glass place a tinned fig with a bit of the juice, add cold vodka and serve.  Delicious.

I like this lovely set of Barware from West Elm

It has the glasses I mentioned in the two drinks above, the Pomegranate shot glasses and the Vodka Feige.



Just a couple of appetizers, easy and pretty.

Fill the cup end of an endive leaf with Boursin cheese and top with half a walnut.  Place in a circle on a lovely round platter such as this one. Just picture the pale green endive leaves on this red platter, if that doesn't say Christmas, what does?

Round red platter

My guests always love a bread stick wrapped with a piece of proscuitto or honey glazed ham or cheese or whatever sounds good to you.  Easy to make and easy to eat. Do get the Italian bread sticks, they are the best.

Grissini Bread Sticks
From Donna Karan at net-a-porter is this gorgeous cashmere lounge set.  Perfect for sitting around the fire and enjoying the above aperitif and amuse-bouche.

Donna Karan lounge set
Off I go, a la prochaine.

A Bientôt






No comments:

Post a Comment