Monday, May 19, 2014

A Beautiful Day In Brantome France the Perigord


When I want to experience a beautiful day in the French countryside I frequently go to the village of Brantome, about 30 minutes from my home in the Perigord.

It is a real living village with the beautiful Abbye, lots of shopping, restaurants and gorgeous views.

We went this morning and it was very hot but with my camera in tow and a hat on my head, I enjoyed every moment.


There is a beautiful house on the river that I adore.



We stopped for lunch on the terrace of the lovely Relais and Chateaux Hotel Le Moulin De L'Abbye and had a gorgeous meal.



 photo by tripadvisor.com

I love shopping at this antique linen shop in a cave on the main walking street.


Don't forget to bring the essentials, like a great tote to carry all your new treasures in.

French market tote

Darling Ann Taylor straw hat



Come to the Dordogne and enjoy all the beauty it has to offer, you won't be sorry. There is so much more to La France than Paris, Provence and the Cote D'Azur though I love all of them too.

A Bientôt

Audrey

2 comments:

  1. I was there a few years ago!I adored that very same house and went in and bought glassware in that darling cave shop!It truly is a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this near Karin? She's in our group, BIO. If so, you must contact her! She would love it!

    ReplyDelete