Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Warm weather leather

The French were the first to make fashion important.  It started in the 17th century and hasn't stopped
"Haute couture" originated in Paris in the 1860s.
The extravagant, luxurious and evanescent styles of the French Royal court led the courtiers to run up enormous debts to keep up the pace, at the peasant’s expense. Such fashion sprees notably ruined Marie Antoinette’s reputation, and were one of the many factors paving the way for the French Revolution.

World4.eu

Though these styles did fade away, fashion has not.

We have come a long way since that time, and thankfully our clothes are more comfortable.
From the streets of Paris to the shops in Dallas, leather is as popular as ever.  No matter how much we have, we always have room in our closet for another piece.  The styles are simple and don't change much from year to year.

Here are a few of my favorites.


From Estelle....blogger

Photo by the news.com.pk
From the runway

And now from your self appointed personal shopper,the looks that I really adore. Just click on the blue descriptions and see details.



Catherine Malandrino Stretchy Leather Pants


Lambskin Lemon Drop Top

I try and tell my readers a bit about me and my life here in France as well as my life in the States.  There are so many things I love to do and I hope you enjoy sharing them with me.  I love to cook, I love to shop, I love my family so much and from time to time will write about all these things.  I am a "new" writer, "new" photographer and fairly "new" blogger.  Thank you for following.

A Bientôt

Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment