Wednesday, July 24, 2013

This week on the Ile de ré


To get away from the unbearable heat in the Dordogne, I took off for the beach.  My favorite beach in France is the Ile de ré.  It is an island just off the coast of La Rochelle and so very chic.
I brought my doggie Skye with me as she too needed relief from the horrific temperatures at our home. 

She is so easy to travel with and fell asleep on the large terrace off of my room with sea breezes blowing her beautiful long coat.  I was feeling guilty keeping her in full coat in the heat.



This morning I went to the Port for my coffee and croissant and because it was so early parking was not a problem.  Normally it is impossible to find parking even though it looks like most people are on bicycles.



This afternoon we went for a long walk on the beach, just out the back door of our hotel.


Then to the charming Marché where I did a bit of shopping.  The clothing store had fabulous lightweight caftans, hand painted and so comfortable.  I had to have one.


The food was also quite gorgeous.



Back to the hotel for a drink on the terrace off my room which is so beautiful and overlooks the sea.


Thank you, merci beaucoup, for joining me on this lovely vacation.

A Bientôt

1 comment:

  1. Love your sweet little doggie! I have two little shihtzu boys, one a rescue...after we lost our sweet Bichon Frise, Lily to cancer I was so lonely... They are such great company! Take care!

    ReplyDelete