Sunday, February 17, 2013

Paris Mini City Guide

Spending a few days in Paris is always wonderful before I head home to Dallas. I get away from my country home and enjoy the city life.  My last taste of France before hitting Big D.

This time, unfortunately, there was a lot of rain but I didn't let it stop me.

I started the day with coffee in the lobby of my favorite hotel, Le Hotel Costes on the Rue St. Honoré.  This beautiful hotel was designed by the famed Jacques Garcia,  a French architect, interior designer and garden designer, best known for his contemporary interiors of Paris hotels and restaurants.
He also designed the fabulous Regent Hotel in Bordeaux.  His style is romantic, opulent and gorgeous.



The lobby of Hotel Costes


The beautiful chandelier, one of many.


I walked, took pictures and tried to stay dry between the rain drops.


Even when it is not Valentine's Day, this shop has roses, roses and more roses.





I walked down the Rue St. Honoré and there were more flowers than I thought possible.  The beautiful flower shops in Paris are unsurpassed, in my opinion, anywhere in the world.  They are gorgeous.



The iconic macaroon at Laduree is in the most beautiful shop ever, it takes this lovely cookie to another level completely.



I got so cold and tired of walking in the rain and pondered my next move.  An oasis in this storm appeared before my eyes and called me in.


It lived up to everything I had ever hoped for in a spa retreat.  The treatments were superb and just what I needed to perk me up.  Looking at the beautiful hand made flowers covering every wall was amazing.


I ended the day by going to the famous bakery Poilane to bring home the best bread ever.


The fabulous signature loaf weighs over two pounds.  Heavy to carry but worth it.


We had a family dinner, my French family that is, at the lovely Bistrot de Paris on the rue de Lille.  It was everything one would want in a beautiful, traditional French restaurant.


Photo courtesy of Parisrues.com

Paris is Chanel and what better thing to own than a Chanel bag.  I found this great place that sells authentic pre-owned Chanel bags at a fabulous price.  I am featuring two here.

Chanel authentic pre-owned handbag
 Chanel authentic pre-owned handbag

The next writing will be from sunny Dallas.  What a glorious change of weather.

A Bientôt

2 comments:

  1. Hi Audrey,
    I love your blog but more than anything,I love your attitude towards life!
    You seem to live each moment to its fullest potential and enjoy every minute of it.
    How wonderful!!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sylvia. Your comment means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete