Sunday, January 9, 2011

French Country Life



I am an American who lives half the year in the US and half the year at my home in a 15th century French village.

My friends in Dallas ask "what do you do there?" and my French friends want to know what I do in the US.

I am creating this blog to tell about my life in both places.

Because I love to cook, entertain and have parties, I do that wherever I am.

Right now I am in Dallas and have been since Thanksgiving. I usually spend the holidays here with friends and family. At a recent family brunch I brought this vegetable frittata which everyone seemed to enjoy. I am happy to share the recipe with you if you'd like. It's quick.
1 small zuccini
1 onion
1/2 red pepper
1/2 yellow pepper
8 eggs beaten
3 tomatoes
1/2 cup grated swiss cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
In an iron skillet saute the vegetables in a small amount of olive oil
Remove veggies from skillet and set aside, add knob of butter to skillet, let it melt and add the beaten eggs. Cook for 3 minutes scraping the sides as you go. Add the cooked vegetables and the swiss cheese. Cook by tilting the pan until the eggs are semi-set. Top the frittata with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Enjoy!
A Bientot

No comments:

Post a Comment