Thursday, January 27, 2011

Teatime

Home baked scones. Tea towel is vintage Audrey.
Monet's Garden captured in these teacups and featured below.

Almost every day between 4 and 5 it's teatime in France.
The idea is to eat something to hold you over for a late light supper as lunch is the primary meal of the day.
I love to serve in my beautiful "Giverny" tea set which I brought back from Paris. I have two patterns, one that looks like the water lilies and the other is blue and yellow like Monet's kitchen.
Typically, something sweet and something savory is served. I love to do scones and open faced smoked salmon or cucumber sandwiches.
Last summer we went to Giverny to see Monet's beautiful home and gardens. It is about an hour outside of Paris and well worth visiting.
Every time I use this tea service I am reminded of my first visit to Giverny.
A la prochaine

No comments:

Post a Comment