I have always loved the color white, especially in winter. The beautiful snow falling down, the gorgeous animals who live in this environment and the designers who go all out for "Winter White".
Karl Lagerfeld blouse
Donna Karan skirt
Donna Karan satin blazer
Ralph Lauren sweater... I love it
And to go with this sweater, how about this darling purse.
Vince gorgeous cashmere sweater
So, that's my idea for winter white. I hope you like it.
Now for a couple of recipes.
I love Lemon Drop Martinis so here is my favorite and easiest recipe.
Perfect Lemon Drop Martini recipe
1 1/2 oz Grey Goose® vodka
1/2 oz triple sec
1 tsp superfine sugar
3/4 ozfreshly squeezed lemon juice
Dip your martini glass in lemon juice and then sugar for this lucious edge to your glass.
Chef Jose Andres recipe for Mashed Potatoes with olive oil and Manchego... simply delish
- 2 heads of garlic, top third of each cut off
- 1/4 cup Spanish extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 6 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 3 cups heavy cream, heated
- 1/2 pound young Manchego cheese, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Stand the garlic on a large sheet of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with oil and wrap in the foil. Bake for about 1 hour, until the garlic is very soft. Squeeze the soft cloves from the skins into a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Meanwhile, bring the potatoes to a boil in a large pot of water. Salt the water and boil over moderately high heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and return to the pot. Shake the pot over moderately high heat for 1 minute to dry the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher, then mash in half of the hot cream. Add the remaining cream and mash again. Stir in the Manchego to melt, then slowly stir in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and the mashed garlic. Season with salt and transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and serve.
I hope you enjoy .