Sunday, March 3, 2013

My life in Contrasts

Sundays are very different for me when I am in France and when I am in the US.

In France I spend Sundays at the Brocantes throughout the Southwest part of the country buying treasures for our company French Vintage Home.  I love doing this and we are having such a wonderful response to our web site that I think my friends like what I am buying.

                                                           Photo credit  otguitres.fr
A recent brocante purchase.

                                                          Photo by Laura McGuire

I fell in love with this beautiful linen jacquard tablecloth with the initials BG.

Here, in the US, I love to see my family and today is no different.
Some of my LA family is visiting and I spent the morning with them having a gorgeous brunch at the Ritz Carlton Hotel where they are staying.

Farm-to-Table buffet at the Ritz Carlton Dallas.... gorgeous and delicious



How does one refuse these scrumptious cupcakes at the Ritz Carlton?  Tomorrow I will think about calories, not today.



One of the things I do when I am in the States is catch up on movies.  I have little opportunity to do that in country France so I relish doing that when I am here.  So far I have seen Lincoln, Argo, Silver Linings Playbook, Side Effects, Skyfall and today I am going to see the French film Amour with the wonderful actress Emanuelle Riva.  I heard her performance was extraordinary and she should have won an Oscar.

Afterwards I am going to the beautiful Northpark Mall to shop the cosmetic counter. I have to replenish my moisturiser.  If you haven't tried the wonderful Kate Somerville products, I highly recommend them.  I love serum as it makes my face feel soft and smooth.

Kate Somerville Quench Face Serum



I also like this one very much.

KateCeuticals Restor8 Serum


I hope Sunday is a great day for you too.

A Bientôt

Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment