Tuesday, November 13, 2012

This 'n That

Getting ready for Thanksgiving sent me to Williams-Sonoma to get the necessary items that I seem to need every year.  I love their window display, especially the orange French oven.  It's gorgeous.



Beautiful packaging for the most wonderful fragrance  Quelques Fleurs.  




There is a story behind this that I found so interesting,I hope you do too. In the 1970's while walking down a street in Grasse, France Stanley Marcus, of the famous store Neiman Marcus, smelled this perfume and was intrigued. He found out where the delightful scent was coming from and immediately bought it for his stores. 
Launched in 1912 , Quelques Fleurs is still available at many different outlets.  The top notes are herbs and citrus followed by a floral note.  You can't help but love it, I do.




I am practicing different ways to do the table for Thanksgiving. I seem to like this seashell theme considering we are having our dinner on the beach in Malibu. Lots of white flowers, hydrangeas, roses, tulips and white starfish in each container. 



I return to my home in France the first of December so more French to come soon.


Until next time..... A la prochaine



No comments:

Post a Comment